Understanding My Online Presence




Today in class, we talked about how important is it to check your online footprint by searching your name on search engines such as Google. I have a very large online Footprint but ironically when I searched my name only my Linkedin account appeared.

 I have numerous social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Snapchat and Twitter. Many of these accounts I also have a separate professional account. I normally just put random things on there such as events I have gone to but never post things like alcohol, drugs, etc because I know that having a post like that will follow a person for the rest of their life. If someone was to search my name they won't find much except for my Linkedin account which is great. I tend to keep all my social media private such as Instagram whether it is a personal account or a private one.

I don't like to give out my phone number to many people because my phone number is linked to a lot of my accounts online. I also don't like getting a lot of random texts or automated calls. I give out one of my e-mail addresses because it's to filter the spam from my important account.

I definitely believe that social media affects your emotions because people tend to only post them being happy, traveling or in love. For those that don't have that are scrolling and feel upset or maybe even mad because they don't have what the next person has. I go through social media cleanses and I try not to have social media run my life for that very reason. 

https://www.centreformentalhealth.org.uk/blog/centre-mental-health-blog/anxiety-loneliness-fear-missing-out-social-media

Comments